Friday, June 11, 2010

Questions & Answers

Hi, Dr. Michael Lee, Kelly here. I came across the Optimum Chiropractic website and so I decided to e-mail you, asking you few questions about scoliosis and chiropractic.I will be enlightened if you were to spend some times reply my e-mail, resolving my doubts.

I'm 18 this year and I just found out that I've a scoliosis. It bents about 25 degrees. I was told by the western medicine doctor that it can't be cured.

So, I wondering is that true that scoliosis can't be cured? And

Will practicing taekwondo worsen my condition?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

25 degree at 18 years old can be improved but cannot be cured. What is your definition of cure? Does your cure mean reducing the curve to 0 degrees?? 25 degrees can only be improved to about 15 degrees maximum.

Taekwondo may not worsen your condition. Bad posture, bad mattress, bad sitting habits will worsen it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey you, please do take care of urself..
    dont make the condition even worse..okay?
    I'm worrying about you...

    take care <3

    ReplyDelete